MAI offers Chulu West Peak Climbing in affordable cost. Of the two Chulus (East and West), Chulu West (6,430 M) is the higher peak. It was first ascended in 1952 by a Japanese Expedition. The Base Camp of this peak is situated in a small valley north of Manang, off the main trail to the Thorang La. There is a controversy regarding the name and location of the Chulu West peaks. There are several peaks close by and are also a part of Chulu massif but are not indicated in the map. Thus it is difficult to differentiate between the two Chulus. However, the Chulu group comprises of four peaks: two in the east and two in the west. Chulu West may also be called Chulu Central. There is no technical difficulty in ascending this peak but progress can be slow as the slopes are vulnerable to avalanches in certain conditions.
Trekking, Climbing & Sightseeing
Besisahar- Chyamje- Dharapani- Manang- Chulu West Summit- Thorong La Pass-Jomsom- Pokhara.
- All necessary airport arrival departure as per the itinerary.
- Hotel in Kathmandu for 4 nights including breakfast.
- Transportation for, full day sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Entry fee during sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Professional English speaking tour guide and his/her salary.
- Transportation from Kathmandu-Besisahar- for members, staffs and equipment .
- Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Flight from Jomsom – Pokhara Flight.
- ACAP entrance fees.
- Tea house trek including food and accommodation in Tents.
- Climbing Guide, porters and necessary staffs during the trek.
- Chulu West Peak climbing permit fee.
- Food, Tents and Kitchen equipment for climbing period.
- Boiled water, tea and coffee.
- Group climbing equipment such as rope, ice screws, snow pickets, etc.
- Climbing Guide, his equipment allowance and salary.
- Additional porters for carrying climbing gears.
- Salary and Insurance for all Nepali staffs.
- Farewell dinner.
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- First aid kit.
- Meals in Kathmandu (except welcome and farewell dinner).
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- All personal expenses.
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance.
- All other additional charges for additional services.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300 M)
Day 02: Final preparation day in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive to Besisahar
Day 04: Drive to Syanje (1,100 M) and trek to Chyamje
Day 05: Trek to Dharapani (1,990 M)
Day 06: Trek to Chame (2,710 M)
Day 07: Trek to Pisang (3,300 M)
Day 08: Trek to Manang (3,540 M)
Day 09: Acclimatization at Manang
Day 10: Trek to Chulu base camp (4,970 M)
Day 11: Rest at Chulu base camp (4,970 M)
Day 12: High camp (5,530 M)
Day 13: Summit Chulu West (6,429 M) and return back to base camp (4,970 M)
Day 14: Trek to Thorong high camp (4,540 M)
Day 15: Trek to Muktinath after crossing Thorong La pass (5,416 M)
Day 16; Trek to Jomsom (2,800 M)
Day 17: Fly to Pokhara from Jomsom, rest afternoon for discovering the beautiful Pokhara valley
Day 18: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 19: Kathmandu rest day
Day 20: Departure from Kathmandu.