Mega Adventures International offers Everest Base Camp Trek in exclusive way where every trekkers are able to enjoy the beauty of this trek in dramatic way. Everest Base Camp trekking itself is a world class trip in high elevation with smiling Sherpa people with their unique and typical lifestyle under the shadow of giant mountains.
The famous mountains such as Cho Oyu (8153 m), Lhotse (8511 m), Nuptse (7879 m), Makalu (8470 m), Ama Dablam (6856 m) and many more unnamed mountains are located in the Khumbu region. This is the most concentrated mountain region with the highest mountains of the world, where more than 200 peaks are higher than 6000 m.
This is a world class adventure at an astonishing value. Encounter breathtaking scenery and rich beautiful culture on this amazing journey.
Total 16 days trip from Kathmandu to Katmandu. Start after your arrival in Kathmandu. Final preparation and take a adventurous flight to Lukla, commennce point of your trek . Total 8 days from lukla to Everest Base Camp including 2 different acclimatization day in Nmache (3,440 m) and Dingboche (4,410). 3 days while coming Down back from Base camp to Lukla. Almost 62 miles of coverage in total . Each day 5-8 hours walking, ascending and descending different hills, crossing suspension bridge in every next corner, walking inside pine, oak and rhododendron forest, crossing Glacier river, moraine and boulder . Find yourself among the high mountains, feeling tired and ecstasy at once. Hot shower, WiFi internet services, warm dinning and cozy room makes your trip more comfortable, whereas different types of coffees,soups,healthy and hygienic food will boost your energy to gain your ultimate goal.
Highlights of the trek
- One of the most adventure flight in the world.
- The scenery of world’s most spectacular mountains.
- Unique cultures and lifestyle of legendary Sherpa’s.
- Follow the footsteps of renowned climbers; Tenzing Norgay Sherpa, Sir Edmund Hillary.
- Discovering some of the old and famous monasteries in the lap of mountains.
- Searching the mysterious and mythical snowman Yeti.
- Years old mani stone, engraved with Tibetan Buddhist prayers.
- Challenging hikes to Kalapathar, Nagakarshang, and Everest Base camp trekking in less oxygen.
- Flora and Fauna inside Sagarmatha National Park, listed by UNESCO.
- All necessary airport arrival departures.
- 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast plan.
- Flight fare from Kathmandu – Lukla- Kathmandu for members.
- Flight fare from Kathmandu- Lukla- Kathmandu for guides.
- Domestic airport departure taxes.
- Full board tea house trekking cost with breakfast, lunch, dinner & accommodation / you can order your meal from the menu as much as you like but over ordering and wasting food is not allowed.
- Water Purification liquid during trekking.
- English speaking trekking guide and his salary.
- Porter to carry luggage during trekking.
- Trekking permit.
- Sagarmatha national park permit.
- City tour transport, tour guide, entry permit in Kathmandu as per itinerary
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- Government Tax and Vat
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (expect Farewell dinner)
- Boiled water, beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Tips for staffs.
- Personal expenses and extra services beyond itinerary.
- Days 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m/4600ft)
Mega Adventures representative will pick up you in the airport and to the transfer the hotel. Your trip manager meet you in the hotel for entire trip briefing.
- Days 02 : City tour and final preparation day before leaving your trek.
In the morning after having breakfast we begin tour around Kathmandu with professional English speaking guide. During the day you will cover some of the major historical and religious, world heritage sites;
Swoyambhunath –“the Self Existing One’. The oldest Buddhist stupa of Nepal situated in the small hill, from where you can see the nice view of Kathmandu valley. Historian believes that it is the oldest history of Kathmandu. No sooner you enter the periphery of Swoyambhunath you will see the monks, chanting religious words and monkeys chattering and hanging around the different temple and trees. It is also known as monkey temple, especially given by the tourist.
Bouddha nath Stupa: the ancient stupa of Boudhnath is one of the biggest Buddhist stupa of Nepal, situated in the northern part of Kathmandu valley, which is one of the trading routes of Nepal with Tibet in ancient time. Tibetan merchants used to take rest and offers praying in this place during their trading time. Later when Tibetan refugees enter Nepal in 1950s, most of them decided to stay around the same place. Even now most of the monk in Boudhanath is from Tibet. Around the stupa you can see some Buddhist painting school of traditional paints “Thanka”.
Pashupatinath Temple: Pashupatinath the national deity of Nepal is one of the most significant Hindu temples of Lord Shiva in the world, located on the banks of the Bagmati River in the eastern part of Kathmandu. The word Pashupatinath is derived from three Sanskrit words: “pashu” means organism, “pati” means protector, and “nath” means Lord. Hence in hindu mythology Pashupatinath means protector and Lord of all living things. The bank of Bagmati River is the cremation center of Hindu dead body. Where you can see the cremation process of Hindu people. Beside this you can see the color full sadhu ‘the holy devotee of Lord Shiva’ around the periphery of temple.
After sightseeing, final preparation for trekking. Trekking guide will check your final gear list. If anything is missing will assist you to hire or to buy around Thamel and give the final instruction for next day.
- Days 03 : Fly to Lukla ( 2860m/9383ft) and trek to Phakding (2650m/8695ft) –total 3 hours walking . Lunch @ Phakding.
Early morning fly to lukla – 30 minutes flight . Meet your porters, re manage your luggage, have your breakfast, refill your water bottles and start to walk towards phakding. Trial run form the right side of Dudhkoshi river, crossing different villages , holy mani walls, praying flags, and suspension bridges . Total 3 hours walking . Lunch @ Phakding.
Overall flat and gentle descending. ( Easy day)
- Days 04 : Phakding to Namche (3440m/11286ft) – Around 6-7 hours walking. Lunch @ Jorsalle
Today is little bit long walking day. We continue walking along the bank of Dudh Koshi River, on the way you will pass different lodge, local bhattis (porter rest house) the trail climb up to Toktok village and continue steep climb after the village3 you will see the magnificent glimpse of Thamserkue Peak ( 6608m). Within one and half hour from Phakding you will be in village called Benker, where you can see the enough lodge for trekkers. Continue walking from Benker on the way you can see the forest of rhododendron and fir. The trail goes steep from chumoa to Monjo. Monjo is a nice village with lodge and local houses. You can see gompa, school and vegetables fields. Just above the Monjo village there is check point of Sagarmatha National Park. Guide will arrange all entry process in national park office. Now the trail descend down, cross the suspension bridge, gentle walking to Jorsalle. Lunch at Jorsalle . After Jorsalle re- cross the Dudhkoshi River over suspension bridge and follow the river bank. Slightly up few step and cross the high suspension bridge over Dudh koshi. Namche is yet 2 hours far from you, where the walk is little bit tough. It is Zigzagging ascent through the pine forest. Never rush while going up; in every step you are gaining the height, so there is a risk of altitude sickness. Climb slowly and drink enough water. 7-8 hours walking
- Days 05 : Namche – acclimatization – Hike up to Khumjung valley (3970m/1324ft) and back to Namche
Today is our acclimatization day in Namche. To adjust with high altitude and to avoid the AMS in further trail acclimatization is require for every trekkers, those who wants to conquer their goal safely. We hike to Everest View hotel to Khumjung Village– the green valley, not because of tree but because of green roof of local houses. On the way we will visit Namche Museum, where you can see the cultural, religious and some facts of mountains and climbers of Everest region. Cross Syanboche airport, the airport in the highest elevation in the world. While going further ahead you will see the breathtaking view of Mt. Amadablam and others mountains. Few minutes further waling you will be in Everest View Hotel, from where you can see the magnificent view of Mount Everest and Lothse. Slightly descend down to Khumjug valley and visit Sir Edmund Hillary’s school and hospital at Khumjung and walk down to Namche.
- Days 06 : Trek Namche to Debuche (3800m/12467ft)- 6 hours walking
After Breakfast, slowly start to walk towards north leaving the namche back. Trail runs straight through the sloppy hills, somewhere covering with pine and Juniper’s trees. Crossing different mani walls and chortens, you will be in Sansa within 1 hours. From sansa trail gradually down inside the forest of Pine. Cross some smokey tea houses and continue descend few step. On the way you can see the thumb like view of Amadablam. No sooner you cross the suspension bridge; you will be in Phunki Tenga where you will recharge your energy for next steep climb towards Tengboche.
After having lunch, fill up your water bottle and ready to navigate the uphill. While climbing up gradually inside the rhodendren forest, it is as if you are playing a Hide and Seek game with different peaks. Drinks enough water and continue moving slowly, the trails bring you at one of the magnificent place of your trip. Don’t be confuse, towering big mountains in front of you are Mt. Everest (8848m) and Mt. Lohtse. (8501m).Beside this tengboche offers the breathtaking view of Kwangde (6187m), Twachee (6542m), Amadablam (6812m) Nuptse( 7879m), Kangtega and Thamserku. refresh yourself with some german cakes and coffee and Next 15 minutes smooth descending to reach Deboche
- Days 07 : Trek Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m/14468ft) : 5-6 hrs walking
Wake up early in the morning and capture some magnificent view of mountains, have some breakfast, gear up and ready to move towards Dingboche. Gentle flat walk inside the forest leads you to Imja Khola, cross the steel bridge and continues walking up hill towards Pangboche Crossing different stupa along the route; you will be in Pangboche within one and half hour from Tengboche. Pangboche offers enough lodges for trekkers. In the upper part of the village there is oldest Monastery of Khumbu, founded by Lama Sange Dorge in 17th century. Follow the path of Imja Khola, the trail slightly steep up to Somare , have a lunch and continue the trial along with Imja Khola , the trail leads you to the small bridge over Khumbu Khola, cross the bridge and climb around 1 hour, you will be in Dingboche the beautiful village with enough lodges for trekkers. The views are great from Dingboche. You can see Island Peak, Makalu and another face Mt. Amadablam.
- Days 08 : Acclimatization- Hike to Nagakarsang (5090m/16699ft) : 3-4 hrs walking
Acclimatization in Dingboche is mandatory for every trekker as like in Namche. After breakfast, slowly start to scale the Nagakarsang Hill. The view is magnificent form the hill. You can see different glacial lake and some of the best view from Nagakarsang. You can also see the Makalu (8463m) fifth highest mountain of the world. After hiking 2-3 hours up hill you can back down to Dingboche. In the evening explore the Dengboche village.
- Days 09 : Trek Dingboche to Lobuche (4940m/16207ft) . 5-6 hours walking.
We continue our journey from Dingboche through the high alpine region to the conclusion of Luboche and stay overnight. Trial goes just above the Pheriche. The gradually up trail leads you to Dhukla, within 2 hours. Before reaching Dukla you have to cross the small glacial stream. Have short rest and you’re your lunch and gain more energy for coming tough walking. The trail is directly up Dukla for about one hour but the magnificent view of Cholatse, Lobuche, Pumori and Nuptse gives you more pleasure. At the top of the ridge you can see the memorials of climbers who lose their life in mountains. First gentle walk, crossing the Khumbu Glacier River and next 45 minutes ascending cross Dukla Pass. Take few minutes to go around and give some tribute to the late legendary climbers. Behold your heart continue walking next 1 hour to warm yourself inside the tea house of Lobuchce. When you are in lobouche you will feel completely different. Symptoms of high altitude may occur on you; drinks enough hot water, noodles and garlic soup.
- Day 10 : Trek to Gorakshep (5164m/16942ft ) to Everest Base Camp (5360m/17585ft) and back to Gorakshep : 7-8 hours walking.
As usual after breakfast, start to trek towards Gorakshep. The first section of the trail goes through the narrow gap between the glacial moraine and the mountain wall. After rounding the bend you will the first views of Kala Pathar (5545m). This dark mound of mountains provides the best view of Everest and the massive mountains range. We can see Khumbu Glacier along the way to Gorakshep. After having short rest and lunch in Gorakshep, process towards Everest Base Camp. Though it looks close it takes around 2 hours to reach there. Spend few times @ base camp, take picture of different mountains and giant khumbu glacier and return back to Gorakshep. You can see lots of expedition tent and group in Everest Base Camp during expedition period in spring. Total 3 hours to Gorakshep next 3 hours continue walk to reach Everest Base camp, after sending 30 minutes back to Gorakshep . 8-9 hours walking
- Days 11 : Early morning Hike up to Kalapathar top (5545m/18192ft) after breakfast trek down to Pheriche (4371m/14340ft) . 7-8 hrs walking.
Early in the morning fill up your water bottle and process towards Kalapathar. The way is straight line up above the Gorakshep along the grassy ridge. With the help of your torch light move continually towards the summit. The more you go up the more you feel cooler. Views are fantastic and breathtaking from the top. It takes around 2 hrs to reach the top. After spending few minutes at the top, the chilling atmospheres push you back down to Gorakshep. Take your breakfast and process down to Pheriche . 7-8 hours walking.
- Days 12 : Trek down to Namche ( 3440m/11286ft: 6-7 hrs walking.
After breakfast continue walking down to Namche Bazar , leaving behind some majestic mountains that you encountered.
- Days 13 : Trek down to Lukla (2860m/9383ft) : 6-7hrs walking
Today is your last trekking day in the himalaya.After breakfast continue trek down to Lukla. Enjoy evening with your crew members .
- Days 14 : Fly back to Kathmandu
Morning flight back to the Kathmandu city/ relax and rest in the city
- Days 15 : Leisure day in Kathmandu/Buffer day in case of bad weather
Today is the buffer day of your entire trip. Because of bad weather sometimes flight to lukla and from Lukla may cancel, that is why we need at least an extra day.
You can relax, drinks bear, explore the city, go to the massage or barber shop or to laundry, even you can take long day sleep
Evening farewell dinner in Nepali Traditional restaurant with cultural dancing program
- Day 16 : Departure from Nepal.
Here is the end of your life time memorable trip and your long holidays. Our guide will meet you at your hotel for your farewell and arrange a car to drop you to the airport.
|Trip start||trip end||trip status||cost|
|Sunday, 5 April||Monday, 20 April||Available||Upon Request|
|Friday, 10 April||Saturday, 25 April||Available||Upon Request|
|Saturday, 25 April||Sunday, 10 May||Available||Upon Request|
|Tuesday, 5 May||Wednesday, 20 May||Available||Upon Request|
|Sunday, 10 May||Monday, 25 May||Available||Upon Request|
|Wednesday, 20 May||Thursday, 4 June||Available||Upon Request|
|Monday, 25 May||Tuesday, 9 June||Available||Upon Request|
|Friday, 5 June||Saturday, 20 June||Available||Upon Request|
|Wednesday, 10 June||Thursday, 25 June||Available||Upon Request|
|Dhulikhel to Nagarkot Hike||1 Day||$80.00|
|Mt. Everest Heli Tour 4 Hrs||1 Day||$4,000.00|
|Balthali Village Hike||1 Day||$80.00|
|Gosaikunda Pilgrimage Heli Tour 2 Hrs||1 Day||$2,000.00|
|Mt. Everest Heli Tour||3 Days||$5,000.00|
- Fill up our online booking form.
- Down payment of 25% of total cost (wire transfer directly to our bank).
- Please send us the deposition slip along with your passport copy ( clients have to pay bank charge).
- Remaining amount you can pay after your arrival in Kathmandu either by cash or by your credit card ( extra 4% will charge for credit card).
- All the payment should be finalize before the trek start.
Trip Cancellation policy of MAI
If anyone decides to cancel the trip with, MAI must be notified in writing. Without proper written notification, the trip amount will be forfeited. All the cancellation and refund will go under the following policy. The following policy is only applicable for Trekking, Tours and Peak Climbing.
- 75% refund will be provided 65 days prior to the trip date.
- 50% refund will be providing 64-30 days prior to the trip date.
- No refund will be provided 29 days prior to the trip date.
Trip Postponing Policy;
- No additional amount to postponing the date within the same year,
- 5-15 % extra amount will be charge to postpone the trip for next year
- To postpone the trip more than a year gap, we will update the cost and let you know.
If our fixed departure dates doesn’t match your holidays , feel free to let us know your appropriate dates. We will organize this trip in your given dates also. No sooner you send us email our travel expert quickly respond you with all details.
Do you like to do something different than in our standard itinerary or do you want to designed your own travel itinerary. Please send us your travel plan, we are always happy to organize your trip, depending on a itinerary specially designed by yourself. More than that our travel expert will help you to designed a perfect itinerary based on your raw ideas. Feel difference with us while exploring the untamed land with our expert.
Best physical condition is required to do trekking in Nepal in high altitude. Lots of up down includes while doing trekking. We suggest running, walking, hiking in the hill, climbing stairs rather than elevator to prepare for the trek. Include swimming, rowing, biking in your daily base training.
Basic further Experience to do Trekking
- One should be able to hike for 6-7 hours a day.
- One should be able to carry 8 kg themselves on backpack for preparation.
- We suggest you to run about 4/5 miles in home for the preparation with some load on your back for 2 to 3 months to make yours climbing much more easier. Or use treadmill for everyday running and walking.
- If you have uphill location/mountain then once a week you should go to hike with load packed bag pack. If you do not have mountain and high hills then use stairs to go up/down than elevator.
- Do regular swimming, biking, rowing for additional training
- What is the success rate for your trips?
We have 95% success rate for Everest base camp.
- Can I get single supplement services in Kathmandu and during trekking? What will be the extra cost?
Yes single supplement services are available. You should have to inform us during booking time. The cost for SS is USD 350 per person
- How can I pack my luggage? How much I can carry in the flight? Where to store the extra things in Kathmandu?
First separate the things that you need during trekking and packed it in your duffle bag. Your duffle bag will carry by your porter. Keep your valuable things in your day bag such as wallet, passport, camera, cell phone, money etc which you will carry during the entire trek. Extra things which are not necessary during trekking will store in your hotel safely at Kathmandu. The maximum weight limit to lukla flight is 15 kg including your hand bag.
- In case of bad weather if flight is cancel what will be the alternatives?
If this happen we will try the possible flight of next day also try the chopper flight to Lukla. All the ticket cost will refund if you took a Helicopter flight
- What sort of food can I expect in trekking? Can I get vegetarian food?
Both vegetarian and non vegetarian food is available, but we highly recommend you to have vegetarian food which is more healthy and hygienic. Various continental items are available and you can choose it from the menu. Consult with your guide before ordering the meal, they will suggest you the best.
- Can I order my food or fixed menu?
Yes you can order as per your interest, you may not know the quantity of the dishes so better to consult to your guide before make order.
- Can I get hot lunch or packed?
You can get hot lunch every day.
- What about Drinking water? And where can I get it?
We will provide water purification chlorine drops to purify your water. Your guide will assist you to fill the water bottle. You have to pay extra if you want to pay hot boiled water.
- Is hot shower available on the way?
Bucket hot will serve if you want to take shower. You can take shower in Phakding and Namche while going up. We don’t recommend you to take shower in high altitude, above Namche bazaar while going up. You should have to pay extra for your shower, which is around $3 for each shower.
- Do I need to carry toilet paper myself?
Toilet paper may not be available in every stop, that’s why we strongly suggest you to carry your own.
- How many miles have to walk in entire trek?
You will cover 50 miles / 100km from lukla to lukla
- What about if my pace is slower than other trekkers?
There will be always some assistant guide with you can walk in your own pace.
- How can I communicate with my friends and family?
Let us know if you need local sim card for your cell phone when you are in Kathmandu, we will manage it for you. Cell phone covers almost all the way to Base Camp. You can also insert data services in your sim card.
- Can I charge my cell phone and camera on the way?
Most of the place the power source is solar, so the charging ports are only available on the lobby of the tea house. They will charge you (money) while recharging your devices. Better to consult your guide before charging the devices.
- How much extra money required?
We kindly suggest you to bring around USD 300 as extra money. You need extra money to tips, to buy some souvenirs, to use internet services and also for your shower and charging your devices.
- Are there bank on the way? Or can I use my credit card during trekking?
There is a bank in Namche which you can use. But we suggest you to bring extra money from Kathmandu. Credit is not accepted on the way. For extra services beyond the packages cost you need to pay my cash.
- When and how to tips guide and porter?
You can tips guide and porter at the end of trek in lukla. Collect the amount from all the trekkers, better to tips by the group rather than individually.
- What will be the minimum amount of that guides and porter expected as tips?
You can tips guide minimum USD 150 and porter 100 in total.
Want an in-depth insight into the Nepal travel? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed trip information lik visa info, how to get to your hotel, pretty much everything you need to know about the adventure and more.
Nepal is a country gifted with some of…read more
Approximately, 5, 00,000 people a year apply for…read more
Nepal नेपाल [nepal], officially the Federal Democratic Republic…read more
Considering the enduring popularity of Nepal as a…read more
Nepal has five climatic zones, broadly corresponding to…read more
There are four UNESCO World Heritage Sites in…read more
Kathmandu has the best health facilities in the…read more
Because of the following reason your trip will be special with us.
- Why with Mega Adventures International ?
MAI is a government register, legally authorized agency, run by the expertise on a responsible way.
- For excellent Services in reasonable cost
Being a local agency our cost, are always reasonable and fully covered all services that are mentioned in our packages, we always believe on transparency and there are no any hidden cost in our packages.
- For right information and proper counseling.
You can prepare well, only if you have right and proper information of your forthcoming events. Our travel experts always provide you proper info of your interested trip and communicate with you instantly with your queries, we will share all the fact of the places, where you are going to visit and guide you to prepare accordingly. We will show you the clear verbal trip, before you travel physically.
- To be a Responsible traveler
You can’t be responsible unless you are on a responsible hand. We always operate our trip in a responsible way. We give job to local guides and porters, we always focus on local products and encourage and assist you to travel without any carbon footprint.Beside that we are supporting local school and families. To be a responsible you should not have to pay extra.
- We have, well experienced crew, with instant decision making power
We are group of highly experienced team. We always believe in a systematic team work. Our team has a good knowledge of surrounding and circumstances, where we operate our trip. As you are in the hand of expert, you will enjoy your trip, without facing any difficulties , all forthcoming problems will solved by our expertise before knocking your doors .
- For Safety and Strong Communication
Safety is always first priority of MAI. We have good quality communication devices for remote area and we always focused on quality gears. Not only that our guides and porters also use quality gears and they are fully insured. We can only keep you safe, if we are in a safe side.
- To be like a local
Travelling is not only to see, it is also like to be, everybody will walk the same way, but we lead you differently in the same trial. Everybody can see everything, but there is something that you can only see and feel. We will bring you to the school of kids, farms of farmers and also to the home of locals, and also eating and dancing with local.
- We respect human and animal rights
We always care about our guides and porters, about their foods, accommodation and even about their gears. Our porters never carry the weight more than 25 kgs, we always provide good wages on time. Not only that we never allowed to load more weight for donkeys, yaks, and jopkeys and also consult with their owner to feed them on time.