MAI offer the exclusive way of approaching world highest mountains, without any probability of altitude sickness. Within this short trip you will follow the footsteps of renowned traveller and mountaineers, along the way from lukla to the historical Tengboche Monastery .
Make your short holidays special and lifetime memorable, being around the majestic mountains and legendary sherpas, along with your family and friends , without the risk of high altitude sickness.
MAI offer the exclusive way of approaching world highest mountains, without any probability of altitude sickness. Within this short trip you will follow the footsteps of renowned traveller and mountaineers, along the way from lukla to the historical Tengboche Monastery . This trip offer some of the best view of famous mountains such as Everest ( 8848m), Lhotse (8511m),Ama Dablam (6856m) . Famous hiking town Namche Bazar , khumjung green valley , Tengboche Monastery and Yak Traffic are the attractions. This trip is specially designed for those who have short holidays and want to travel along with families .
Highlights of the trek:
- Experience the one of the most adventure flight in the world.
- Scenery of world’s most spectacular mountains.
- Unique cultures and lifestyle of legendary Sherpa’s.
- Follow the footsteps of renowned climbers; Tenzing Norgay Sherpa, Sir Edmund Hillary.
- Discovering some of the old and famous monastery in the lap of mountains
- Flora and fauna of Sagarmatha National park
- Culture and lifestyle of legendary Sherpa’s
- Suspension bridge on every corner and yak traffic
- Airport arrival departure.
- Normal nice hotel accommodation in Kathmandu – 4 nights – twin share basis in Bed and breakfast plan.
- City tour Tour transportation, entry permit and professional guide.
- Flight fare from Kathmandu – Lukla- Kathmandu for members.
- Flight fare from Kathmandu- Lukla- Kathmandu for guides.
- Full board tea house trekking cost with breakfast, lunch, dinner & accommodation.
- water purification liquid during trekking period.
- Guide salary.
- Porter salary.
- Trekking permit.
- Sagarmatha national park permit.
- First aid kit.
- Day to day update in our blog from the field.
- Farewell dinner.
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Tips for staffs .
- Personal expenses and extra services beyond itinerary.
- Days 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Mega Adventures International representative will be at airport to pick up you to the Hotel. Introduction with guide and short briefing about the trek. You will have welcome dinner in Nepali traditional restaurant with cultural dance, in the evening.
- Days 02: Sightseeing and preparation day for Trekking; 5-6 hours for city tour. Lunch will be arranged on the way.
In the morning after having breakfast we begin tour around Kathmandu with professional English speaking guide. During the day you will cover some of the historical and religious, world heritage sites;
After sightseeing, final preparation for trekking. Trekking guide will meet you and give the final instruction for next day.
- Days 03: Fly to Lukla – trek to Phakding (2650m) –around 3 hours walking. Lunch @ Phakding.
Early in the morning you have to wake up for the flight to Lukla via twin otter. You can see panoramic Mountain View by aircraft. Within 25‐30 min we will land in lukla, where we can meet our Sherpa staffs and Yaks for baggage. After having breakfast and preparing all gear and staffs ready, treks start towards Phakding. Today is short easy and gentle walking start from the north end of lukla, steeply down and runs above the village of Chaurikharka, where you can see the school founded by Sir Edmund Hillary. Within 45 minutes from Lukla you will be in Cheplung Village. From Cheplung you can see the roaring Dudhkoshi River. Trial slightly descends down, cross the suspension bridge; see the nice view of Kusum kangru (6367m). After short climb, the trail enters the mani walls and chortens craved with tibetian mantras, praying wheels and praying flags. Finally the trail leads you to Phakding village with numerous lodes lined along the street.
- Days 04: Phakding to Namche (3440m) – Around 5-6 hours walking. Lunch @ Monjo
Today is little bit long walking day. We continue walking along the bank of Dudh Koshi River, on the way you will pass different lodge, local bhattis (porter rest house) the trail climb up to Toktok village and continue steep climb after the village3 you will see the magnificent glimpse of Thamserkue Peak ( 6608m). Within one and half hour from Phakding you will be in village called Benker, where you can see the enough lodge for trekkers. Continue walking from Benker on the way you can see the forest of rhododendron and fir. The trail goes steep from chumoa to Monjo. Monjo is a nice village with lodge and local houses. You can see gompa, school and vegetables fields. After having lunch in Monjo continue walking towards our today’s destination Namche. Just above the Monjo there is check point of Sagarmatha National Park. Guide will arrange all entry process in national park office. Now the trail descend down, cross the suspension bridge, gentle walking to Jorsalle. After Jorsalle re- cross the Dudhkoshi River over suspension bridge and follow the river bank. Slightly up few step and cross the high suspension bridge over Dudh koshi. Namche is yet 2 hours far from you, where the walk is little bit tough. It is Zigzagging ascent through the pine forest. Never rush while going up; in every step you are gaining the height, so there is a risk of altitude sickness. Climb slowly and drink enough water.
- Days 05: Namche – acclimatization – Hike up to Khumjung valley (3970m). Lunch @ Khumjung
Today is our acclimatization day in Namche. To adjust with high altitude and to avoid the AMS in further trail acclimatization is require for every trekkers, those who wants to conquer their goal safely. We hike to Khumjung – the green valley, not because of tree but because of green roof of local houses. On the way we will visit Namche Museum, where you can see the cultural, religious and some fact of mountains and climbers of Everest region. Cross Syangboche airport, the airport in the highest elevation in the world. While going further ahead you will see the breathtaking view of Mt. Amadablam and others mountains. Few minutes further waling you will be in Everest View Hotel, from where you can see the magnificent view of Mount Everest and Lothse. Slightly descend down to Khumjug valley and visit Sir Edmund Hillary’s school and hospital at Khumjung and walk down to Namche.
- Days 06: Namche – Tengboche (3840m) – around 4-5 hours walking. Lunch@ Phunki Thenga.
After Breakfast, slowly start to walk towards north leaving the namche back. Trail runs straight through the sloppy hills, somewhere covering with pine and Jenifer’s trees. Crossing different mani walls and chortens, you will be in Sansa within 1 hours. From sansa trail gradually down inside the forest of Pine. Cross some smokey tea houses and continue descend few step. On the way you can see the thumb like view of Amadablam. No sooner you cross the suspension bridge; you will be in Phunki Tenga where you will recharge your energy for next steep climb towards Tengboche.
After having lunch, fill up your water bottle and ready to navigate the uphill. While climbing up gradually inside the rhododendron forest, it is as if you are playing a Hide and Seek game with different peaks. Drinks enough water and continue moving slowly, the trails bring you at one of the magnificent place of your trip. Don’t be confuse towering big mountains in front of you are Mt. Everest (8848m) and Mt. Lohtse. (8501m).Beside this Tengboche offers the breathtaking view of Kwangde (6187m), Twachee (6542m), Amadablam (6812m) Nuptse( 7879m), Kangtega and Thamserku. Enjoy the view, capture the photos and relax in the sunlight. In the evening involve in the praying ceremony in Tengbohe Monastery.
- Day 07: Trek down to Monjo. Lunch @ Namche. Walking around 5 hrs.
Wake up early in the morning and capture some magnificent view of mountains, have some breakfast, gear up and ready to move downwards to Monjo.
- Days 08: Trek down to Lukla: 6-7hrs walking
Today is your last trekking day in the himalaya.After breakfast continue trek down to Lukla. Enjoy evening with your crew members.
- Days 09: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel
Early morning after having tea and light breakfast transfer to the airport and fly back to Kathmandu.
- Days 10: Leisure day in Kathmandu.
Today is the buffer day of your entire trip. Because of bad weather sometimes flight to lukla and from Lukla may cancel, that is why we need at least an extra day.
You can relax, drinks bear, explore the city, go to the massage or barber shop or to laundry, even you can take long day sleep. Evening farewell dinner in Nepali Traditional restaurant with cultural dancing program.
- Day 11: Departure from Nepal
Here is the end of your life time memorable trip and your long holidays. Our guide will meet you at your hotel for your farewell and arrange a car to drop you to the airport.
If our fixed departure dates doesn’t match your holidays , feel free to let us know your appropriate dates. We will organize this trip in your given dates also. No sooner you send us email our travel expert quickly respond you with all details.
Do you like to do something different than in our standard itinerary or do you want to designed your own travel itinerary. Please send us your travel plan, we are always happy to organize your trip, depending on a itinerary specially designed by yourself. More than that our travel expert will help you to designed a perfect itinerary based on your raw ideas. Feel difference with us while exploring the untamed land with our expert.
Best physical condition is required to do trekking in Nepal in high altitude. Lots of up down includes while doing trekking. We suggest running, walking, hiking in the hill, climbing stairs rather than elevator to prepare for the trek. Include swimming, rowing, biking in your daily base training.
Basic further Experience to do Trekking
- One should be able to hike for 6-7 hours a day.
- One should be able to carry 8 kg themselves on backpack for preparation.
- We suggest you to run about 4/5 miles in home for the preparation with some load on your back for 2 to 3 months to make yours climbing much more easier. Or use treadmill for everyday running and walking.
- If you have uphill location/mountain then once a week you should go to hike with load packed bag pack. If you do not have mountain and high hills then use stairs to go up/down than elevator.
- Do regular swimming, biking, rowing for additional training
- What is the success rate for your trips?
We have 95% success rate for Everest base camp.
- Can I get single supplement services in Kathmandu and during trekking? What will be the extra cost?
Yes single supplement services are available. You should have to inform us during booking time. The cost for SS is USD 350 per person
- How can I pack my luggage? How much I can carry in the flight? Where to store the extra things in Kathmandu?
First separate the things that you need during trekking and packed it in your duffle bag. Your duffle bag will carry by your porter. Keep your valuable things in your day bag such as wallet, passport, camera, cell phone, money etc which you will carry during the entire trek. Extra things which are not necessary during trekking will store in your hotel safely at Kathmandu. The maximum weight limit to lukla flight is 15 kg including your hand bag.
- In case of bad weather if flight is cancel what will be the alternatives?
If this happen we will try the possible flight of next day also try the chopper flight to Lukla. All the ticket cost will refund if you took a Helicopter flight
- What sort of food can I expect in trekking? Can I get vegetarian food?
Both vegetarian and non vegetarian food is available, but we highly recommend you to have vegetarian food which is more healthy and hygienic. Various continental items are available and you can choose it from the menu. Consult with your guide before ordering the meal, they will suggest you the best.
- Can I order my food or fixed menu?
Yes you can order as per your interest, you may not know the quantity of the dishes so better to consult to your guide before make order.
- Can I get hot lunch or packed?
You can get hot lunch every day.
- What about Drinking water? And where can I get it?
We will provide water purification chlorine drops to purify your water. Your guide will assist you to fill the water bottle. You have to pay extra if you want to pay hot boiled water.
- Is hot shower available on the way?
Bucket hot will serve if you want to take shower. You can take shower in Phakding and Namche while going up. We don’t recommend you to take shower in high altitude, above Namche bazaar while going up. You should have to pay extra for your shower, which is around $3 for each shower.
- Do I need to carry toilet paper myself?
Toilet paper may not be available in every stop, that’s why we strongly suggest you to carry your own.
- How many miles have to walk in entire trek?
You will cover 50 miles / 100km from lukla to lukla
- What about if my pace is slower than other trekkers?
There will be always some assistant guide with you can walk in your own pace.
- How can I communicate with my friends and family?
Let us know if you need local sim card for your cell phone when you are in Kathmandu, we will manage it for you. Cell phone covers almost all the way to Base Camp. You can also insert data services in your sim card.
- Can I charge my cell phone and camera on the way?
Most of the place the power source is solar, so the charging ports are only available on the lobby of the tea house. They will charge you (money) while recharging your devices. Better to consult your guide before charging the devices.
- How much extra money required?
We kindly suggest you to bring around USD 300 as extra money. You need extra money to tips, to buy some souvenirs, to use internet services and also for your shower and charging your devices.
- Are there bank on the way? Or can I use my credit card during trekking?
There is a bank in Namche which you can use. But we suggest you to bring extra money from Kathmandu. Credit is not accepted on the way. For extra services beyond the packages cost you need to pay my cash.
- When and how to tips guide and porter?
You can tips guide and porter at the end of trek in lukla. Collect the amount from all the trekkers, better to tips by the group rather than individually.
- What will be the minimum amount of that guides and porter expected as tips?
You can tips guide minimum USD 150 and porter 100 in total.
Want an in-depth insight into the Nepal travel? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed trip information lik visa info, how to get to your hotel, pretty much everything you need to know about the adventure and more.
Nepal is a country gifted with some of…read more
Approximately, 5, 00,000 people a year apply for…read more
Nepal नेपाल [nepal], officially the Federal Democratic Republic…read more
Considering the enduring popularity of Nepal as a…read more
Nepal has five climatic zones, broadly corresponding to…read more
There are four UNESCO World Heritage Sites in…read more
Kathmandu has the best health facilities in the…read more
Because of the following reason your trip will be special with us.
- Why with Mega Adventures International ?
MAI is a government register, legally authorized agency, run by the expertise on a responsible way.
- For excellent Services in reasonable cost
Being a local agency our cost, are always reasonable and fully covered all services that are mentioned in our packages, we always believe on transparency and there are no any hidden cost in our packages.
- For right information and proper counseling.
You can prepare well, only if you have right and proper information of your forthcoming events. Our travel experts always provide you proper info of your interested trip and communicate with you instantly with your queries, we will share all the fact of the places, where you are going to visit and guide you to prepare accordingly. We will show you the clear verbal trip, before you travel physically.
- To be a Responsible traveler
You can’t be responsible unless you are on a responsible hand. We always operate our trip in a responsible way. We give job to local guides and porters, we always focus on local products and encourage and assist you to travel without any carbon footprint.Beside that we are supporting local school and families. To be a responsible you should not have to pay extra.
- We have, well experienced crew, with instant decision making power
We are group of highly experienced team. We always believe in a systematic team work. Our team has a good knowledge of surrounding and circumstances, where we operate our trip. As you are in the hand of expert, you will enjoy your trip, without facing any difficulties , all forthcoming problems will solved by our expertise before knocking your doors .
- For Safety and Strong Communication
Safety is always first priority of MAI. We have good quality communication devices for remote area and we always focused on quality gears. Not only that our guides and porters also use quality gears and they are fully insured. We can only keep you safe, if we are in a safe side.
- To be like a local
Travelling is not only to see, it is also like to be, everybody will walk the same way, but we lead you differently in the same trial. Everybody can see everything, but there is something that you can only see and feel. We will bring you to the school of kids, farms of farmers and also to the home of locals, and also eating and dancing with local.
- We respect human and animal rights
We always care about our guides and porters, about their foods, accommodation and even about their gears. Our porters never carry the weight more than 25 kgs, we always provide good wages on time. Not only that we never allowed to load more weight for donkeys, yaks, and jopkeys and also consult with their owner to feed them on time.