MAI designed this itinerary to explore the beauty of Everest Base Camp trekking in a classical way. It is the same route which lead to legendary mountaineer Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary at the top of the World in 1953 AD.
It is the same route which lead to legendary mountaineer Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary at the top of the World in 1953 AD.
MAI designed this itinerary to explore the beauty of Everest Base Camp trekking in a classical way. It is the same route which lead to legendary mountaineer Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary at the top of the World in 1953 AD . After driving from Kathmandu to Bhandar the first 5 days you have to walk in the lower khumbu region crossing different settlement of sherpa and other indigenous. You will meet regular route in Phakding and continue to EBC and follow the same route back down to Lukla . The routes offers the taste of different dishes and nice accommodation in local tea houses . No one can get such accommodation and amenities in other corner of the world than Nepal’s Everest Base Camp trekking trail in such a high elevations of 5160 m. You get hot shower, WiFi internet services, twin sharing fine room, very good vet and non-veg food in highest elevation on earth called Everest Base Camp Trekking.
The famous mountains such as Cho Oyu (8153 m), Lothse (8511 m), Nuptse (7879 m), Makalu (8470m ), Ama Dablam (6856 m) and many more unnamed mountains are located in the Khumbu region. This is the most concentrated mountain region with the highest mountains of the world, where more than 200 peaks are higher than 6000 m.
Highlights of the trek
- Follow the footsteps of renowned climbers; Tenzing Norgay Sherpa, Sir Edmund Hillary,
- One of the most adventure flight in the world lukla to Kathmandu
- Scenery of world’s most spectacular mountains
- Unique cultures and lifestyle of legendary Sherpa’s
- Discovering some of the old and famous monastery in the lap of mountains
- Searching the mysterious and mythical snow man Yeti
- Years old mani stone, engraved with Tibetan Buddhist prayers
- Challenging hikes to Kalapathar, Nagakarshang, and Everest Base camp trekking in less oxygen
- Incredible khumbu Glacier
- Some of the danger glacial lake because of global warming
- Flora and Fauna in side Sagarmatha National Park, listed in UNESCO
- Airport arrival departure.
- Normal nice hotel accommodation in Kathmandu – 4 nights – twin share basis in Bed and breakfast plan.
- Transportation, Guide and Entry permit during city tour.
- Private transportation from Kathmandu to Jiri for clients and Nepali staffs.
- Flight fare from Lukla- Kathmandu for members.
- Flight fare from Lukla- Kathmandu for guides.
- Full board tea house trekking cost with breakfast, lunch, dinner & accommodation in Common room.
- Water purifying liquid during trekking .
- Professional English speaking Guide and his salary.
- Porter salary.
- Trekking permit.
- Sagarmatha national park permit.
- GCAP permit.
- First aid kit.
- Farewell dinner.
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Tips for staffs (mandatory).
- Personal expenses and extra services beyond itinerary.
- Days 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Our staffs will be at airport to pick up you and transfer to the Hotel. Introduction with guide and short briefing about the trek. Our guide will suggest you best restaurant for your Dinner.
- Days 02; Final Preparation day for Trekking/. City Tour around Kathmandu Valley.
Final preparation for trekking. Trekking guide will check your final gear list. If anything is missing will assist you to hire or to buy around thamel and give the final instruction for next day. Guided city tour around Kathmandu valley; Pashupatinath Temple/ Boudhanath Stupa/ Monkey Temple.
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Jiri to Bhandar ( 8 hours driving).
- Day 04: Trek Bhandar to Sete (2,645 m).
- Day 05: Trek Sete to Junbesi (2,675m).
- Day 06: Trek Junbesi to Nunthala (2,440m).
- Day 07: Trek Nunthala to Kharikhola (2,020m).
- Day 08: Trek Kharikhola to Puiyan (2,700m).
- Day 09 : Trek Puiyan to Phakding (2,646m).
- Days 10: Phakding to Namche (3440m) – Around 5-6 hours walking. Lunch @ Monjo.
Today is little bit long walkng day. We continue walking along the bank of Dudh Koshi River, on the way you will pass different lodge, local bhattis (porter rest house) the trail climb up to Toktok village and continue steep climb after the village3 you will see the magnificent glimpse of Thamserkue Peak ( 6608m). Within one and half hour from Phakding you will be in village called Benker, where you can see the enough lodge for trekkers. Continue walking from Benker on the way you can see the forest of rhododendron and fir. The trail goes steep from chumoa to Monjo. Monjo is a nice village with lodge and local houses. You can see gompa, school and vegetables fields. After having lunch in Monjo continue walking towards our today’s destination Namche. Just above the Monjo there is check point of Sagarmatha National Park. Guide will arrange all entry process in national park office. Now the trail descend down, cross the suspension bridge, gentle walking to Jorsalle. After Jorsalle re- cross the Dudhkoshi River over suspension bridge and follow the river bank. Slightly up few step and cross the high suspension bridge over Dudh koshi. Namche is yet 2 hours far from you, where the walk is little bit tough. It is Zigzagging ascent through the pine forest. Never rush while going up; in every step you are gaining the height, so there is a risk of altitude sickness. Climb slowly and drink enough water.
- Days 11: Namche – acclimatization – Hike up to Khumjung valley (3970m). Lunch @ Khumjung.
Today is our acclimatization day in Namche. To adjust with high altitude and to avoid the AMS in further trail acclimatization is require for every trekkers, those who wants to conquer their goal safely. We hike to Khumjung – the green valley, not because of tree but because of green roof of local houses. On the way we will visit Namche Museum, where you can see the cultural, religious and some fact of mountains and climbers of Everest region. Cross Syanboche airport, the airport in the highest elevation in the world. While going further ahead you will see the breathtaking view of Mt. Amadablam and others mountains. Few minutes further waling you will be in Everest View Hotel, from where you can see the magnificent view of Mount Everest and Lothse. Slightly descend down to Khumjug valley and visit Sir Edmund Hillary’s school and hospital at Khumjung and walk down to Namche.
- Days 12: Namche – Tengboche (3840m) continue to Deboche – around 4-5 hours walking. Lunch@ Phunki Thenga.
After Breakfast, slowly start to walk towards north leaving the namche back. Trail runs straight through the sloppy hills, somewhere covering with pine and Juniper’s trees. Crossing different mani walls and chortens, you will be in Sansa within 1 hours. From sansa trail gradually down inside the forest of Pine. Cross some smokey tea houses and continue descend few step. On the way you can see the thumb like view of Amadablam. No sooner you cross the suspension bridge; you will be in Phunki Tenga where you will recharge your energy for next steep climb towards Tengboche.
After having lunch, fill up your water bottle and ready to navigate the uphill. While climbing up gradually inside the rhodendren forest, it is as if you are playing a Hide and Seek game with different peaks. Drinks enough water and continue moving slowly, the trails bring you at one of the magnificent place of your trip. Don’t be confuse, towering big mountains in front of you are Mt. Everest (8848m) and Mt. Lohtse. (8501m).Beside this tengboche offers the breathtaking view of Kwangde (6187m), Twachee (6542m), Amadablam (6812m) Nuptse( 7879m), Kangtega and Thamserku. Enjoy the view, capture the photos and relax in the sunlight. From Tengbohce gradually ascent down to Deboche. Overnight at tea house in Deboche.
- Days 13; Trek to Dingboche. Around 4 hrs walking. Lunch @ Somare.
Wake up early in the morning and capture some magnificent view of mountains, have some breakfast, gear up and ready to move towards Dingboche. First the trail gradually descent down to Deboche through the forest of birches conifers and rhododendron. The continuing path inside the forest leads you to Imja Khola, cross the steel bridge and continues walking up hill towards Pangboche Crossing different stupa along the route; you will be in Pangboche within one and half hour from Tengboche. Pangboche offers enough lodges for trekkers. In the upper part of the village there is oldest Monastery of Khumbu, founded by Lama Sange Dorge in 17th century. Follow the path of Imja Khola, the trail slightly steep up to Somare , have a lunch and continue the trial along with Imja Khola , the trail leads you to the small bridge over Khumbu Khola, cross the bridge and climb around 1 hour, you will be in Dingboche the beautiful village with enough lodges for trekkers. The views are great from Dingboche. You can see Island Peak, Makalu and another face Mt. Amadablam.
- Days 14 ‐ Acclimatization- Hike to Nagakarsang (5090m).
Acclimatization in Dingboche is mandatory for every trekker as like in Namche. After breakfast, slowly start to scale the Nagakarsang Hill. The view is magnificent form the hill. You can see different glacial lake and some of the best view from Nagakarsang. You can also see the Makalu (8463m) fifth highest mountain of the world. After hiking 2-3 hours you can back down to Dingboche. In the evening explore the Dengboche village.
- Days 15; Trek to Lobuche. Lunch @ Dukla- Around 5 hours walking.
We continue our journey from Dingboche through the high alpine region to the conclusion of Luboche and stay overnight. Trial goes just above the Pheriche. The gradually up trail leads you to Dhukla, within 2 hours. Before reaching Dukla you have to cross the small glacial stream. Have short rest and you’re your lunch and gain more energy for coming tough walking. The trail is directly up Dukla for about one hour but the magnificent view of Cholatse, Lobuche, Pumori and Nuptse gives you more pleasure. At the top of the ridge you can see the memorials of climbers who lose their life in mountains. Continue walking towards Lobuche, the perfect peak Pumori (7165m) soars into view with whistling air, makes you feel cooler. When you are in lobouche you will feel completely different. Symptoms of high altitude may occur on you; drinks enough hot water, noodles and garlic soup.
- Day 16: Trek to Lobuche to Everest Base Camp and back to Gorakshpe . Around 6 hours
As usual after breakfast, start to trek towards Gorakshep. The first section of the trail goes through the narrow gap between the glacial moraine and the mountain wall. After rounding the bend you will the first views of Kala Pathar (5545m). This dark mound of mountains provides the best view of Everest and the massive mountains range.. We can see Khumbu Glacier along the way to Gorakshep. After having short rest and lunch in Gorakshep, process towards Everest Base Camp. Though it looks close it takes around 2 hours to reach there. Spend few times @ base camp, take picture of different mountains and giant khumbu glacier and return back to Gorakshep. You can see lots of expedition tent and group in Everest Base Camp during expedition period in spring. Next day our goal is Kalapathar top. To night before going to bed your guide will give you time for next morning and instruction for necessary gear. It’s better to be in kalapathar top before sunrise.
- Days 17: Early in the morning climb Kalapathar (5545m) and back down to Pheriche. Lunch @ Lobuche or Dukla. Around 6 hrs walking.
Early in the morning fill up your water bottle and process towards Kalapathar. The way is straight line up above the Gorakshep along the grassy ridge. With the help of your torch light move continually towards the summit. The more you go up the more you feel cooler. Views are fantastic and breathtaking from the top. It takes around 2 hrs to reach the top. After spending few minutes at the top, the chilling atmospheres push you back down to Gorakshep. Take your breakfast and process down to Pheriche.
- Days 18: Trek down to Namche.
- Days 19: Last trekking day. Back to lukla and enjoy the evening with your crew members.
- Days 20 ‐ Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Days 21: Rest / shopping day/ Buffer day in case of bad weather in Lukla
- Day 22: Final Departure to your country. Our staff will be at hotel to help you to the airport and give you Khada.
If our fixed departure dates doesn’t match your holidays , feel free to let us know your appropriate dates. We will organize this trip in your given dates also. No sooner you send us email our travel expert quickly respond you with all details.
Do you like to do something different than in our standard itinerary or do you want to designed your own travel itinerary. Please send us your travel plan, we are always happy to organize your trip, depending on a itinerary specially designed by yourself. More than that our travel expert will help you to designed a perfect itinerary based on your raw ideas. Feel difference with us while exploring the untamed land with our expert.
- Follow the footsteps of renowned climbers; Tenzing Norgay Sherpa, Sir Edmund Hillary,
- One of the most adventure flight in the world lukla to Kathmandu.
- Scenery of world’s most spectacular mountains.
- Unique cultures and lifestyle of legendary Sherpa’s.
- Discovering some of the old and famous monastery in the lap of mountains.
- Searching the mysterious and mythical snow man Yeti.
- Years old mani stone, engraved with Tibetan Buddhist prayers.
- Challenging hikes to Kalapathar, Nagakarshang, and Everest Base camp trekking in less oxygen.
- Incredible khumbu Glacier.
- Some of the danger glacial lake because of global warming.
Want an in-depth insight into the Nepal travel? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed trip information lik visa info, how to get to your hotel, pretty much everything you need to know about the adventure and more.
Nepal is a country gifted with some of…read more
Approximately, 5, 00,000 people a year apply for…read more
Nepal नेपाल [nepal], officially the Federal Democratic Republic…read more
Considering the enduring popularity of Nepal as a…read more
Nepal has five climatic zones, broadly corresponding to…read more
There are four UNESCO World Heritage Sites in…read more
Kathmandu has the best health facilities in the…read more
Because of the following reason your trip will be special with us.
- Why with Mega Adventures International ?
MAI is a government register, legally authorized agency, run by the expertise on a responsible way.
- For excellent Services in reasonable cost
Being a local agency our cost, are always reasonable and fully covered all services that are mentioned in our packages, we always believe on transparency and there are no any hidden cost in our packages.
- For right information and proper counseling.
You can prepare well, only if you have right and proper information of your forthcoming events. Our travel experts always provide you proper info of your interested trip and communicate with you instantly with your queries, we will share all the fact of the places, where you are going to visit and guide you to prepare accordingly. We will show you the clear verbal trip, before you travel physically.
- To be a Responsible traveler
You can’t be responsible unless you are on a responsible hand. We always operate our trip in a responsible way. We give job to local guides and porters, we always focus on local products and encourage and assist you to travel without any carbon footprint.Beside that we are supporting local school and families. To be a responsible you should not have to pay extra.
- We have, well experienced crew, with instant decision making power
We are group of highly experienced team. We always believe in a systematic team work. Our team has a good knowledge of surrounding and circumstances, where we operate our trip. As you are in the hand of expert, you will enjoy your trip, without facing any difficulties , all forthcoming problems will solved by our expertise before knocking your doors .
- For Safety and Strong Communication
Safety is always first priority of MAI. We have good quality communication devices for remote area and we always focused on quality gears. Not only that our guides and porters also use quality gears and they are fully insured. We can only keep you safe, if we are in a safe side.
- To be like a local
Travelling is not only to see, it is also like to be, everybody will walk the same way, but we lead you differently in the same trial. Everybody can see everything, but there is something that you can only see and feel. We will bring you to the school of kids, farms of farmers and also to the home of locals, and also eating and dancing with local.
- We respect human and animal rights
We always care about our guides and porters, about their foods, accommodation and even about their gears. Our porters never carry the weight more than 25 kgs, we always provide good wages on time. Not only that we never allowed to load more weight for donkeys, yaks, and jopkeys and also consult with their owner to feed them on time.