Trip: Kusum Kanguru Peak Climbing
Arrival City Kathmandu
Departure City Kathmandu
Price Per Person
Trekking Days 12
Max Elevation 6367m/20889ft
Trekking,Climbing & Sightseeing
Trekking,Climbing & Sightseeing
Best Season March, April, May, September, October & November
Means of Transport Car/Haice/Flight
Lukla- Kharka Tang- Chhetra Thu- Tagnak- BC- High Camp- Summit
- All necessary airport arrival departure as per the itinerary.
- Hotel in Kathmandu for 4 nights including breakfast.
- Transportation for, full day sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Entry fee during sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Professional English speaking tour guide and his/her salary.
- Flight, Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu for members, staffs and equipment.
- Everest National Park entrance fees Tea house trek including food and accommodation in Tents.
- Climbing Guide, porters and necessary staffs during the trek.
- Kusum Kanguru Peak climbing permit fee.
- Food, Tents and Kitchen equipment for climbing period.
- Boiled water, tea and coffee.
- Group climbing equipment such as rope, ice screws, snow pickets, etc.
- Climbing Guide, his equipment allowance and salary.
- Additional porters for carrying climbing gears.
- Salary and Insurance for all Nepali staffs.
- Farewell dinner.
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- First aid kit.
- Meals in Kathmandu (except welcome and farewell dinner).
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- All personal expenses.
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance.
- All other additional charges for additional services.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300 m)
Preparation/ Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley
Fly to Lukla (2800 m) and Trek to Chhutenga (3,450 m)
Trek to Khark Tang (3,750 m)
Trek to Chhetra Thu (4,350 m)
Trek to Khothey (3,600 m)
Trek to Tagnak (4,350 m)
Rest day in Tagnak (4,350 m)
Trek to Base Camp (4,360 m)
Climb preparation day
High camp (5,100 m)
Higher camp (5,600 m)
Climb to summit (6367 m) and back to Base Camp (4,360 m)
Trek to Tashing Ongma
Trek to Tuli Kharka
Trek to Lukla
Fly to Kathmandu
They were reliable, timely, organized and above all fun!
My experience with Mega Adventures could not have been any better! When I arrived in Kathmandu, I was warmly received by a member of the staff who, after dropping my bags off at the hotel, kindly led me around the city. After spending a few days exploring that wonderful city and meeting my climbing guide, we flew out to Lukla to begin our trek. Our goal was to summit Island Peak with a stop at Everest base camp along the way for acclimatization. Throughout the trek, my guide and porter were incredibly supportive and engaging and taught me so much about the region and culture. Although we ultimately were unable to summit Island peak due to weather conditions (one of the greatest challenges of climbing) we did reach approximately 6,000m, the highest I had ever been. I was immensely satisfied with the climb. Though I have taken a mountaineering course previously and had the opportunity to climb many of the highest peaks in Washington State, I was new to the Himalayan Mountains. My guide taught me several new techniques to enhance safety while climbing and provided a safe, encouraging environment. I would highly recommend this guiding company, as they were reliable, timely, organized and above all fun!