Langtang is a narrow sandwiched valley, north from Kathmandu. The small Langtang valley bordering with Tibet in north and small snowy peaks in the south. Tamang is the main indigenes community inhabitant in this region, whose religious practice, dresses and language is close to Tibetan culture rather than their own fellow of mid hills.
According to local language the word “Langtang has its own meaning. The name Langtang comes from Tibetan language, where ‘Lang’ Yak and ‘Teng’ mean – to follow. Yet trekkers can encounter with yak in upper valley of Langtang.
Langtang is a narrow sandwiched valley, north from Kathmandu. The small Langtang valley bordering with Tibet in north and small snowy peaks in the south.
This treks offer one of the best opportunity to explore the culturally rich Tamang village, different snow covered peak and visit glaciers comparatively in low elevation. The valley is patrolling by Mt. Langtang LIrung ( 7246 m) to the north, Gang Chhenpo (6388 m) and trekking peak Naya Kangri ( 5846 m) to the south and Dorge Lakpa ( 6966 m) to the east. To protect the flora and fauna, the valley was declared as National Park by Nepal government in 1976
Highlights of the trek
- Visit world heritage site.
- Visiting Langtang village & Kyangjin Gompa.
- Amazing view of mountain from top of the Kyangjin Ri, Ganesh Himal, Lang Sisa etc.
- Panoramic views of 10 peaks over 6000 m.
- All necessary airport arrival departure as per the itinerary.
- Hotel in Kathmandu 3 nights in normal nice hotel in BB Plan – twin share basis
City tour Transport, guide and entry permit.
- Private Transportation from Kathmandu – Syabru and back Kathmandu.
- Tea house trekking with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and accommodation.
- Water Purification liquid during trekking.
- Professional English speaking Trekking Guide and his/ her salary.
- Porter to carry the luggage and his salary.
- Trekking permit (TIMS).
- Langtang National park permits.
- First aid kit.
- Farewell dinner.
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Tips for staffs.
- Personal expenses and extra services beyond itinerary.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Half day sightseeing and preparation day for trek.
- Day 03: Early in the morning drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1462 m)
- Day 04 : Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2500m)
- Day 05: Trek from lama hotel to Langtang village
- Day 06: Trek langtang Village to Kyanjin gompa and explore around
- Day 07: Trek back from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2500 m).
- Day 08 : Trek back from Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi (1462 m).
- Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 10: International Departure
Best physical condition is required to do trekking in Nepal in high altitude. Lots of up down includes while doing trekking. We suggest running, walking, hiking in the hill, climbing stairs rather than elevator to prepare for the trek. Include swimming, rowing, biking in your daily base training.
Basic further Experience to do Trekking.
- One should be able to hike for 6-7 hours a day.
- One should be able to carry 8 kg themselves on backpack for preparation.
- We suggest you to run about 4/5 miles in home for the preparation with some load on your back for 2 to 3 months to make yours climbing much more easier. Or use treadmill for everyday running and walking.
- If you have uphill location/mountain then once a week you should go to hike with load packed bag pack. If you do not have mountain and high hills then use stairs to go up/down than elevator.
- Do regular swimming, biking, rowing for additional training
Want an in-depth insight into the Nepal travel? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed trip information lik visa info, how to get to your hotel, pretty much everything you need to know about the adventure and more.
Nepal is a country gifted with some of…read more
Approximately, 5, 00,000 people a year apply for…read more
Nepal नेपाल [nepal], officially the Federal Democratic Republic…read more
Considering the enduring popularity of Nepal as a…read more
Nepal has five climatic zones, broadly corresponding to…read more
There are four UNESCO World Heritage Sites in…read more
Kathmandu has the best health facilities in the…read more
Because of the following reason your trip will be special with us.
- Why with Mega Adventures International ?
MAI is a government register, legally authorized agency, run by the expertise on a responsible way.
- For excellent Services in reasonable cost
Being a local agency our cost, are always reasonable and fully covered all services that are mentioned in our packages, we always believe on transparency and there are no any hidden cost in our packages.
- For right information and proper counseling.
You can prepare well, only if you have right and proper information of your forthcoming events. Our travel experts always provide you proper info of your interested trip and communicate with you instantly with your queries, we will share all the fact of the places, where you are going to visit and guide you to prepare accordingly. We will show you the clear verbal trip, before you travel physically.
- To be a Responsible traveler
You can’t be responsible unless you are on a responsible hand. We always operate our trip in a responsible way. We give job to local guides and porters, we always focus on local products and encourage and assist you to travel without any carbon footprint.Beside that we are supporting local school and families. To be a responsible you should not have to pay extra.
- We have, well experienced crew, with instant decision making power
We are group of highly experienced team. We always believe in a systematic team work. Our team has a good knowledge of surrounding and circumstances, where we operate our trip. As you are in the hand of expert, you will enjoy your trip, without facing any difficulties , all forthcoming problems will solved by our expertise before knocking your doors .
- For Safety and Strong Communication
Safety is always first priority of MAI. We have good quality communication devices for remote area and we always focused on quality gears. Not only that our guides and porters also use quality gears and they are fully insured. We can only keep you safe, if we are in a safe side.
- To be like a local
Travelling is not only to see, it is also like to be, everybody will walk the same way, but we lead you differently in the same trial. Everybody can see everything, but there is something that you can only see and feel. We will bring you to the school of kids, farms of farmers and also to the home of locals, and also eating and dancing with local.
- We respect human and animal rights
We always care about our guides and porters, about their foods, accommodation and even about their gears. Our porters never carry the weight more than 25 kgs, we always provide good wages on time. Not only that we never allowed to load more weight for donkeys, yaks, and jopkeys and also consult with their owner to feed them on time.