40 KM away from Kathmandu lies one of holiest pilgrimage site in the word for Buddhist. Legends say a young prince, Mahasattva, ( in some versions, reincarnation of Buddha himself) while walking in a forest with his brothers saw a tigress with 5 cubs she had just given birth to.
40 KM away from Kathmandu lies one of holiest pilgrimage site in the word for Buddhist. Legends say a young prince, Mahasattva, ( in some versions, reincarnation of Buddha himself) while walking in a forest with his brothers saw a tigress with 5 cubs she had just given birth to. The tigress was so hungry that she could barely move. Overcome with compassion, he began to feed the tigress and her cubs by cutting his flesh. Later when other brothers came searching for him, found only his bones and hairs. A stupa was built on top of these remains , now known as NAMO BUDDHA. A small shrine a few minutes’ walk uphill from the stupa contains statues of the prince together with the tigress and her cubs. We will take you to this holy site to pay homage to the Great prince, Mahasattva.
- Typical village walk , local culture and lifestyle
- Tibetan Buddhist “Thrangu Tashi Yangtse Monastery”
- Lifestyle of Monks and Nuns in the monastery
- Panoramic mountains view and beautiful landscapes
- Packed Lunch
- Guide for Hike
- Water 2 Liters each person
- Private Transportation both way
- Personal Expenses
- Beverages like sodas and beers
- Light trekking shoes
- Water (2 liter minimum)
- Sunglass and hat
- Chocolates bars (for instant energy )
- Trekking pole
- Umbrella/Rain Jacket/Poncho
- 7:00 am: Our guide will visit you in your hotel.
- 8:00 am: Departure from Hotel ( you have to take your breakfast at your hotel)
- 8:30 am : After driving 1 and half hour you will reach Batase danda. Guide will shortly introduce you about the trail and start to walk
- 11:30 am: You will reach the Namobuddha, spend around 1 and half hour around the monasteries
- 1:00 pm: Hiking down the hill , it will takes 2 to 3 hours to come all the way down via different villages
- 4:30 pm: You will back to your hotel and the trip end.
Want an in-depth insight into the Nepal travel? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed trip information lik visa info, how to get to your hotel, pretty much everything you need to know about the adventure and more.
Nepal is a country gifted with some of…read more
Approximately, 5, 00,000 people a year apply for…read more
Nepal नेपाल [nepal], officially the Federal Democratic Republic…read more
Considering the enduring popularity of Nepal as a…read more
Nepal has five climatic zones, broadly corresponding to…read more
There are four UNESCO World Heritage Sites in…read more
Kathmandu has the best health facilities in the…read more
Because of the following reason your trip will be special with us.
- Why with Mega Adventures International ?
MAI is a government register, legally authorized agency, run by the expertise on a responsible way.
- For excellent Services in reasonable cost
Being a local agency our cost, are always reasonable and fully covered all services that are mentioned in our packages, we always believe on transparency and there are no any hidden cost in our packages.
- For right information and proper counseling.
You can prepare well, only if you have right and proper information of your forthcoming events. Our travel experts always provide you proper info of your interested trip and communicate with you instantly with your queries, we will share all the fact of the places, where you are going to visit and guide you to prepare accordingly. We will show you the clear verbal trip, before you travel physically.
- To be a Responsible traveler
You can’t be responsible unless you are on a responsible hand. We always operate our trip in a responsible way. We give job to local guides and porters, we always focus on local products and encourage and assist you to travel without any carbon footprint.Beside that we are supporting local school and families. To be a responsible you should not have to pay extra.
- We have, well experienced crew, with instant decision making power
We are group of highly experienced team. We always believe in a systematic team work. Our team has a good knowledge of surrounding and circumstances, where we operate our trip. As you are in the hand of expert, you will enjoy your trip, without facing any difficulties , all forthcoming problems will solved by our expertise before knocking your doors .
- For Safety and Strong Communication
Safety is always first priority of MAI. We have good quality communication devices for remote area and we always focused on quality gears. Not only that our guides and porters also use quality gears and they are fully insured. We can only keep you safe, if we are in a safe side.
- To be like a local
Travelling is not only to see, it is also like to be, everybody will walk the same way, but we lead you differently in the same trial. Everybody can see everything, but there is something that you can only see and feel. We will bring you to the school of kids, farms of farmers and also to the home of locals, and also eating and dancing with local.
- We respect human and animal rights
We always care about our guides and porters, about their foods, accommodation and even about their gears. Our porters never carry the weight more than 25 kgs, we always provide good wages on time. Not only that we never allowed to load more weight for donkeys, yaks, and jopkeys and also consult with their owner to feed them on time.