Chyangba is a unique Sherpa village located in the lap of Pikey Peak below the Khumbu region. The word Chyangba comes from Chyangba which means bushes and and Chaymitang in Sherpa Language, which means land covered by the bushes.
This is a world class adventure at an astonishing value. Encounter breathtaking scenery and rich beautiful culture on this amazing journey.
Chyangba is a unique Sherpa village located in the lap of Pikey Peak below the Khumbu region. The word Chyangba comes from Chyangba which means bushes and and Chaymitang in Sherpa Language, which means land covered by the bushes. Before the human settlement the current Chyangba village was fully covered by bushes. According to the local people there ancestor (around 3 families) were migrated there in 16th century. Now Chyangba is under the village development committee of Tapting, where different ethnic group are living together harmoniously. Beside Sherpa, Chyangba is a common home for different ethnic group such as; Magar, Brahamin, Chhetri, Rai, Newar, Tamang, Vishwakarma, Sunwar etc.
Farming is the main occupation of local people. Mainly they use to grow Potato, apple, maize, wheat, barley, peach, radish, buckwheat, and millet. Besides farming tourism is the main attraction of local people, from where male use to make money to support their family. Females are mostly busy in day to day household activities and in farming. When Nepal was opened for westerns, mountains are the main attraction for them. Since then local Sherpa are working as porter, cook, trekking guide and expedition guide for different trekking and expedition group.
The unique Sherpa culture, magnificent landscape, breathtaking view of high mountains such as; Mt Everest, Makalu, Lhotse and endless mountain range from Pikey Peak are the main attraction of Chyangba Village trek. Unlike natural beauty the indicator of health and education are very poor in Chyangba Village. Lack of awareness and proper guiding very few students continue their study after their school.
Mega Adventures International organizes Chyangba Village Pike Peak Trekking exclusively in two different ways; Homestay for tailor-made trip as per the interest of the trekkers and organized camping trek in our regular trekking plan.
- Unique sherpa village on the lap of majestic mountains.
- Unique culture and lifestyle of local people.
- The taste of local sherpa wine.
- Best view of world highest mountain from the low elevation.
- Driving across the river and hills .
- All necessary land transport as per the itinerary .
- Hotel in Kathmandu in normal nice hotel in BB Pan .
- Private transportation from Kathmandu to Jiri for member and Nepali staffs.
- Private transportation from Chyangba to Kathmandu for member and staffs
- .All necessary camping equipments.
- Tented accommodation in twin share basis during the trekking period.
- All necessary kitchen, dining and camping equipments .
- All necessary food prepared in the camp by our professional cook.
- Fresh local fruits and vegetable.
- One professional English speaking guides and required assistance and their salary.
- All necessary porters and salary.
- Trekking permit.
- First aid kit.
- Satellite phone for emergency use only.
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- Farewell dinner.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Food outside the camp.
- Extra Services beyond the itinerary.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, transport to Hotel
- Day 02: City tour in Kathmandu and preparation for trek
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Shivalaya via Jiri (2005 m)
- Day 04: Shivalaya to Bhandar/ Chagma (2190 m)
- Day 05: Bhander to Namkheli (2610 m)
- Day 06: Namkheli to Ngaur (3350 m)
- Day 07: Ngaur to Pikey peak Base camp (3640 m) Hike to Pike peak (4068 m) And Back to Base camp
- Day 08: Pike base comp to Bulbule (3320 m)
- Day 09: Bulbule to Chayangba Village (2820 m)
- Day 10: Exploring around Chayangba and Visit Sherpa Village, enjoy local Sherpa Dance
- Day 11: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 12: Rest day in kathmandu- shopping day - farewell dinner
- Day 13: Departure from Kathmandu
Best physical condition is required to do trekking in Nepal in high altitude. Lots of up down includes while doing trekking. We suggest running, walking, hiking in the hill, climbing stairs rather than elevator to prepare for the trek. Include swimming, rowing, biking in your daily base training.
Basic further Experience to do Trekking
- One should be able to hike for 6-7 hours a day.
- One should be able to carry 8 kg themselves on backpack for preparation.
- We suggest you to run about 4/5 miles in home for the preparation with some load on your back for 2 to 3 months to make yours climbing much more easier. Or use treadmill for everyday running and walking.
- If you have uphill location/mountain then once a week you should go to hike with load packed bag pack. If you do not have mountain and high hills then use stairs to go up/down than elevator.
- Do regular swimming, biking, rowing for additional training
Want an in-depth insight into the Nepal travel? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed trip information lik visa info, how to get to your hotel, pretty much everything you need to know about the adventure and more.
Nepal is a country gifted with some of…read more
Approximately, 5, 00,000 people a year apply for…read more
Nepal नेपाल [nepal], officially the Federal Democratic Republic…read more
Considering the enduring popularity of Nepal as a…read more
Nepal has five climatic zones, broadly corresponding to…read more
There are four UNESCO World Heritage Sites in…read more
Kathmandu has the best health facilities in the…read more
Because of the following reason your trip will be special with us.
- Why with Mega Adventures International ?
MAI is a government register, legally authorized agency, run by the expertise on a responsible way.
- For excellent Services in reasonable cost
Being a local agency our cost, are always reasonable and fully covered all services that are mentioned in our packages, we always believe on transparency and there are no any hidden cost in our packages.
- For right information and proper counseling.
You can prepare well, only if you have right and proper information of your forthcoming events. Our travel experts always provide you proper info of your interested trip and communicate with you instantly with your queries, we will share all the fact of the places, where you are going to visit and guide you to prepare accordingly. We will show you the clear verbal trip, before you travel physically.
- To be a Responsible traveler
You can’t be responsible unless you are on a responsible hand. We always operate our trip in a responsible way. We give job to local guides and porters, we always focus on local products and encourage and assist you to travel without any carbon footprint.Beside that we are supporting local school and families. To be a responsible you should not have to pay extra.
- We have, well experienced crew, with instant decision making power
We are group of highly experienced team. We always believe in a systematic team work. Our team has a good knowledge of surrounding and circumstances, where we operate our trip. As you are in the hand of expert, you will enjoy your trip, without facing any difficulties , all forthcoming problems will solved by our expertise before knocking your doors .
- For Safety and Strong Communication
Safety is always first priority of MAI. We have good quality communication devices for remote area and we always focused on quality gears. Not only that our guides and porters also use quality gears and they are fully insured. We can only keep you safe, if we are in a safe side.
- To be like a local
Travelling is not only to see, it is also like to be, everybody will walk the same way, but we lead you differently in the same trial. Everybody can see everything, but there is something that you can only see and feel. We will bring you to the school of kids, farms of farmers and also to the home of locals, and also eating and dancing with local.
- We respect human and animal rights
We always care about our guides and porters, about their foods, accommodation and even about their gears. Our porters never carry the weight more than 25 kgs, we always provide good wages on time. Not only that we never allowed to load more weight for donkeys, yaks, and jopkeys and also consult with their owner to feed them on time.