Poonhill Ghorepani Trek is one of the best short treks of Nepal, which offers the breathtaking views of high mountains from Poonhill such as Mt. Annapurna (8091m) Mt. Dhaulagiri (8172m) and many more snow covered peaks. Settlement of Gurung and Magar community. Ghandruk the traditional Gurung Village, the home land of Gorkahs, offer the unique culture and mesmerizing view of Mt. fishtail (6993m). Poonhill Ghorepani Trek offers Big Rhododendron forest entire the whole route is the home of more than 60 different species of rhododendron, different colorful butterfly and birds. Beside this Pokhara city and its Natural, historical and religious place are also the attraction of this trip.
Poonhill Ghorepani Trek is one of the best short treks of Nepal, which offers the breathtaking views of high mountains from Poonhill such as Mt. Annapurna (8091m) Mt. Dhaulagiri (8172m) and many more snow covered peaks.
Chitwan national park is the first and famous national park of Nepal. 50 different types of grass including tall elephant grass, more than 50 mammals, about 55 species of amphibians and reptiles are found there. It is the home of more than 10 endangered fauna: One- horned Rhinoceros, Gaur, Royal Bengal Tiger, Wild elephant, four horned antelope, Golden Moiter Lizard, Python, Gaint horn bill, Black Stook, white Stook etc. It is also famous for jungle safari on elephant back, which is the great opportunity to see rare one Horned Rhino and Royal Bengal Tiger.
Highlights of the trek:
- Massif Annapurna Mountains range with some of the world highest Mountains, Mt.Dhaulagiri (8160), Mt. Manalsu (8,156 m) Mt. Annapurna (8,091 m).
- Huge and colourful Rhododendron forest.
- Great opportunity to see rare one Horned Rhino and Royal Bengal Tiger.
- All necessary transportation as per the standard given itinerary.
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu in normal nice hotel in twin share basis in BB plan.
- 1 night accommodation in Pokhara in normal nice hotel in twin share basis in BB plan.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara tourist bus fare for clients, guide and porters
Pokhara- Nayapul – Pokhara private van
Pokhara –Chitwan Private Van
Bharatpur – Kathmandu flight fare for Group and guide
- 2 nights 3 days Jungle safari Package in Chitwan National Park with twin share accommodation and all meals.
- 3 meals and accommodation during the trekking period.
- Water purification liquid.
- TIMS permit for Trekking.
- Acap permit.
- Trekking guide salary.
- Porter salary during the trekking period.
- Fare well Dinner.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu ( expect farewell dinner ).
- Personal expenses.
- Other program and services beyond itinerary.
- Tips for staffs.
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Emergency Medical evacuation.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Our representatives will pick up you in the airport and transfer to the hotel.
- Day 02: Preparation day for trekking/ Half day city tour around Kathmandu
Briefing about your trip. Meeting with your trekking guide. Final check up your trekking gear. If you find some items missing, our guide will assist you to buy or hire in Kathmandu.
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara to Birethanti (1025m)
Early in the morning drive to Pokhara by tourist bus. It takes around 7 hours from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Same day drive to Birethanti on private van. Birethanti is the commence point of your trek.
- Day 04: Trek to Ulleri (1960m)
Wake up around 6 am in the morning. After breakfast prepare your baggage and ready to move. It takes around 5 hours to reach Ulleri.Lunch will arrange on the way.
- Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2860m)
Wake up around 7 am in the morning. Have your breakfast and ready to move towards Ghorepani. It takes around 4 hours to reach Ulleri. Lunch will arrange on the way. After dinner our guide will give you the wake up time for next morning.
- Day 06: Early in the morning Hike to Poonhill (33210m) and trek to Tadapani (2630m)
Wake up early in the morning and ready to move Poonhill. It takes around 1 hour to reach the top of the Poonhill, which offers the breathtaking view of Mt. Dahulagiri () Mt. Annapurna () Mt. Manaslu () and many more snow covered mountains. It is also the best place for sunrise view, which changes the shining silver mountains into golden. After spending around 1 hour in Poonhill descent down to Ghorepani. Have your breakfast and start to trek towards Tadapani.
- Day 07: Trek to Ghandruk (1940m
Ghandruk is the typical Gurung village with thatched roof made of up rock. It is the village of Great Gorkha soldiers. It takes around 3 hours to reach Ghandruk. Ghandruk offers the nice view Mt. Fishtail (6993m ).
- Day 08: Trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara (820m)
Today is the last day of the trek. After Breakfast descent down to Saulibazar and continue walks towards Nayapul and drive to Pokhara. Enjoy your free time in Lakeside Pokhara in the evening.
- Day 09: Drive to Chitwan
Activities: Arrival in Hotel/Welcome drinks/Lunch/Village tour by ox-card/Tea or Coffee/Dinner/ Tharu Stick Dance.
- Day 10: Full day in Chitwan
Activities: Wakeup call/Breakfast/Elephant Ride/Tea or Coffee/Lunch/Canoe Ride+ Elephant Breeding Center Tour/Tea-coffee/Slide Show/Dinner.
- Day 11: Chitwan activities and Fly back to kathmandu back to Kathmandu
Activities: Wakeup call/Bird watching/Breakfast/Departure.
- Day 12: Departure from Kathmandu
Best physical condition is required to do trekking in Nepal in high altitude. Lots of up down includes while doing trekking. We suggest running, walking, hiking in the hill, climbing stairs rather than elevator to prepare for the trek. Include swimming, rowing, biking in your daily base training.
Basic further Experience to do Trekking
- One should be able to hike for 6-7 hours a day.
- One should be able to carry 8 kg themselves on backpack for preparation.
- We suggest you to run about 3/4 miles in home for the preparation with some load on your back for 1 month to make yours trekking much more easier. Or use treadmill for everyday running and walking.
- If you have uphill location/mountain then once a week you should go to hike with load packed bag pack. If you do not have mountain and high hills then use stairs to go up/down than elevator.
- Do regular swimming, biking, rowing for additional training
Want an in-depth insight into the Nepal travel? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed trip information lik visa info, how to get to your hotel, pretty much everything you need to know about the adventure and more.
Nepal is a country gifted with some of…read more
Approximately, 5, 00,000 people a year apply for…read more
Nepal नेपाल [nepal], officially the Federal Democratic Republic…read more
Considering the enduring popularity of Nepal as a…read more
Nepal has five climatic zones, broadly corresponding to…read more
There are four UNESCO World Heritage Sites in…read more
Kathmandu has the best health facilities in the…read more
Because of the following reason your trip will be special with us.
- Why with Mega Adventures International ?
MAI is a government register, legally authorized agency, run by the expertise on a responsible way.
- For excellent Services in reasonable cost
Being a local agency our cost, are always reasonable and fully covered all services that are mentioned in our packages, we always believe on transparency and there are no any hidden cost in our packages.
- For right information and proper counseling.
You can prepare well, only if you have right and proper information of your forthcoming events. Our travel experts always provide you proper info of your interested trip and communicate with you instantly with your queries, we will share all the fact of the places, where you are going to visit and guide you to prepare accordingly. We will show you the clear verbal trip, before you travel physically.
- To be a Responsible traveler
You can’t be responsible unless you are on a responsible hand. We always operate our trip in a responsible way. We give job to local guides and porters, we always focus on local products and encourage and assist you to travel without any carbon footprint.Beside that we are supporting local school and families. To be a responsible you should not have to pay extra.
- We have, well experienced crew, with instant decision making power
We are group of highly experienced team. We always believe in a systematic team work. Our team has a good knowledge of surrounding and circumstances, where we operate our trip. As you are in the hand of expert, you will enjoy your trip, without facing any difficulties , all forthcoming problems will solved by our expertise before knocking your doors .
- For Safety and Strong Communication
Safety is always first priority of MAI. We have good quality communication devices for remote area and we always focused on quality gears. Not only that our guides and porters also use quality gears and they are fully insured. We can only keep you safe, if we are in a safe side.
- To be like a local
Travelling is not only to see, it is also like to be, everybody will walk the same way, but we lead you differently in the same trial. Everybody can see everything, but there is something that you can only see and feel. We will bring you to the school of kids, farms of farmers and also to the home of locals, and also eating and dancing with local.
- We respect human and animal rights
We always care about our guides and porters, about their foods, accommodation and even about their gears. Our porters never carry the weight more than 25 kgs, we always provide good wages on time. Not only that we never allowed to load more weight for donkeys, yaks, and jopkeys and also consult with their owner to feed them on time.