This treks offer one of the best opportunity to explore the culturally rich Tamang village, different snow covered peak and visit glaciers comparatively in low elevation. The valley is patrolling by Mt. Langtang LIrung ( 7246 m) to the north, Gang Chhenpo (6388 m) and trekking peak Naya Kangri ( 5846 m) to the south and Dorge Lakpa ( 6966 m) to the east. To protect the flora and fauna, the valley was declared as National Park by Nepal government in 1976
Highlights of the trek
- Visit world heritage site.
- Visiting Langtang village & Kyangjin Gompa.
- Amazing view of mountain from top of the Kyangjin Ri, Ganesh Himal, Lang Sisa etc.
- Panoramic views of 10 peaks over 6000 m.
Syabrubesi, Lama Hotel, Langtang Vallage, Kyanjin Gompa
- All necessary airport arrival departure as per the itinerary.
- Hotel in Kathmandu 3 nights in normal nice hotel in BB Plan – twin share basis
City tour Transport, guide and entry permit.
- Private Transportation from Kathmandu – Syabru and back Kathmandu.
- Tea house trekking with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and accommodation.
- Water Purification liquid during trekking.
- Professional English speaking Trekking Guide and his/ her salary.
- Porter to carry the luggage and his salary.
- Trekking permit (TIMS).
- Langtang National park permits.
- First aid kit.
- Farewell dinner.
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Tips for staffs.
- Personal expenses and extra services beyond itinerary.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Half day sightseeing and preparation day for trek.
Day 03: Early in the morning drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1462 m)
Day 04 : Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2500m)
Day 05: Trek from lama hotel to Langtang village
Day 06: Trek langtang Village to Kyanjin gompa and explore around
Day 07: Trek back from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2500 m).
Day 08 : Trek back from Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi (1462 m).
Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 10: International Departure
Trekking in Nepal – Langtang and Annapurna sanctuary
Trekking in Nepal
Whenever any type of dangerous situation arose, landslides in the terrain, fallen trees, narrow spots, wet and slippery rocks, stream crossings, etc, Lakpa was right there to point out the dangers and encourage us to take the proper path and precautions. Both Lakpa and Phinju proved to be excellent bridge builders for steam crossings. On one occasion, as we tried to get off the trail before total darkness descended upon us, Lakpa positioned himself slightly behind me and held my pack, pointing out the proper foot placement as we walked over slippery rocks to the tea houses in the next village. I cannot recall how many times his quick grip prevented me from a serious fall and injury. The entire team from Mega Adventures was extremely flexible in allowing us to change our itinerary as the trip progressed based upon weather conditions and our interests in the locations we visited.
I was amazed at the loads that our porter, Phinju, was able to carry with speed, deft footing and good humor. His English was excellent and he stayed with us much of the trek, even thinking to put up barriers to keep the yaks out of our campsite and finding our forgotten items in the lodges by doing room checks when preparing our packs for the day’s hike.