Trip: Rara Lake Trek
Arrival City Kathmandu
Departure City Kathmandu
Price Per Person
Trekking Days 10
Max Elevation 3450m/11319ft
Trekking & Sightseeing
Trekking & Sightseeing
Best Season March, April, May, June, September, October & November.
Kathmandu- Nepalgunj- Jumla- Rara Lake- Sinja- Jumla- Nepalgunj.
- All necessary airport arrival departure as per the itinerary.
- Hotel in Kathmandu 4 nights in normal nice hotel in BB Plan – twin share basis.
- Hotel in Nepalgunj 1 night in normal nice hotel in BB Plan- twin share basis.
- Flight from Kathmandu – Nepalgunj-Kathmandu for clients and guide.
- Flights from Nepalgunj-Jumla-Nepalgunj for members and guide.
- Kathmandu-Jumla-Kathmandu bus fare for porters.
- Domestic airport tax.
- Breakfast – lunch and dinner during the trekking period.
- Boiled water during the trek.
- Tea house accommodation during the trekking.
- Professional English speaking guide and his salary.
- Porter Salary.
- TIMS Permit.
- Rara Lake national park entry permit.
- Farewell dinner.
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Drinking water, Beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Tips for staffs (mandatory).
- Personal expenses and extra services beyond itinerary.
Day 01 : Arrived in Kathmandu. MAI representative will pick up you in the airport and transfer to hotel
Day 02 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu (Baudhanath, Pasupatinath and Patan)
Day 03 : Flight to Nepalgunj
Day 04 : Fly Nepalgunj to Jumla (2370m.)
Day 05 : Trek from Jumla to Danphe Kanga (3130m)
Day 06 : Danphe Kanga to Chautha (2770m)
Day 07 : Chautha to Dhotu (3190m)
Day 08 : Dhotu to Rara Lake (3040m)
Day 09 : Explore around Rara Lake area, One of Nepal biggest lake
Day 10 : Rara Lake to Ghorasain (3271m)
Day 11 : Ghorasain to Sinja (2438m)
Day 12 : Sinja to Jaljala Chaur (3350m)
Day 13 : Jaljala Chaur to Jumla (2370m)
Day 14 : Take earlier flight from Jumla to Nepalgunj and same day we take another flight to Kathmandu.
Day 17 : Extra day in Kathmandu
Day 18 : Departure
They were reliable, timely, organized and above all fun!
My experience with Mega Adventures could not have been any better! When I arrived in Kathmandu, I was warmly received by a member of the staff who, after dropping my bags off at the hotel, kindly led me around the city. After spending a few days exploring that wonderful city and meeting my climbing guide, we flew out to Lukla to begin our trek. Our goal was to summit Island Peak with a stop at Everest base camp along the way for acclimatization. Throughout the trek, my guide and porter were incredibly supportive and engaging and taught me so much about the region and culture. Although we ultimately were unable to summit Island peak due to weather conditions (one of the greatest challenges of climbing) we did reach approximately 6,000m, the highest I had ever been. I was immensely satisfied with the climb. Though I have taken a mountaineering course previously and had the opportunity to climb many of the highest peaks in Washington State, I was new to the Himalayan Mountains. My guide taught me several new techniques to enhance safety while climbing and provided a safe, encouraging environment. I would highly recommend this guiding company, as they were reliable, timely, organized and above all fun!