Chyangba is a unique Sherpa village located in the lap of Pikey Peak below the Khumbu region. The word Chyangba comes from Chyangba which means bushes and and Chaymitang in Sherpa Language, which means land covered by the bushes. Before the human settlement the current Chyangba village was fully covered by bushes. According to the local people there ancestor (around 3 families) were migrated there in 16th century. Now Chyangba is under the village development committee of Tapting, where different ethnic group are living together harmoniously. Beside Sherpa, Chyangba is a common home for different ethnic group such as; Magar, Brahamin, Chhetri, Rai, Newar, Tamang, Vishwakarma, Sunwar etc.
Farming is the main occupation of local people. Mainly they use to grow Potato, apple, maize, wheat, barley, peach, radish, buckwheat, and millet. Besides farming tourism is the main attraction of local people, from where male use to make money to support their family. Females are mostly busy in day to day household activities and in farming. When Nepal was opened for westerns, mountains are the main attraction for them. Since then local Sherpa are working as porter, cook, trekking guide and expedition guide for different trekking and expedition group.
The unique Sherpa culture, magnificent landscape, breathtaking view of high mountains such as; Mt Everest, Makalu, Lhotse and endless mountain range from Pikey Peak are the main attraction of Chyangba Village trek. Unlike natural beauty the indicator of health and education are very poor in Chyangba Village. Lack of awareness and proper guiding very few students continue their study after their school.
Mega Adventures International organizes Chyangba Village Pike Peak Trekking exclusively in two different ways; Homestay for tailor-made trip as per the interest of the trekkers and organized camping trek in our regular trekking plan.
- Unique sherpa village on the lap of majestic mountains.
- Unique culture and lifestyle of local people.
- The taste of local sherpa wine.
- Best view of world highest mountain from the low elevation.
- Driving across the river and hills .
Kathmandu-Jiri- Shivalaya – Namkheli- Pike Peak – Chyangba Village – Kathmandu
- All necessary land transport as per the itinerary .
- Hotel in Kathmandu in normal nice hotel in BB Pan .
- Private transportation from Kathmandu to Jiri for member and Nepali staffs.
- Private transportation from Chyangba to Kathmandu for member and staffs
- .All necessary camping equipments.
- Tented accommodation in twin share basis during the trekking period.
- All necessary kitchen, dining and camping equipments .
- All necessary food prepared in the camp by our professional cook.
- Fresh local fruits and vegetable.
- One professional English speaking guides and required assistance and their salary.
- All necessary porters and salary.
- Trekking permit.
- First aid kit.
- Satellite phone for emergency use only.
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- Farewell dinner.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Food outside the camp.
- Extra Services beyond the itinerary.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, transport to Hotel
Day 02: City tour in Kathmandu and preparation for trek
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Shivalaya via Jiri (2005 m)
Day 04: Shivalaya to Bhandar/ Chagma (2190 m)
Day 05: Bhander to Namkheli (2610 m)
Day 06: Namkheli to Ngaur (3350 m)
Day 07: Ngaur to Pikey peak Base camp (3640 m) Hike to Pike peak (4068 m) And Back to Base camp
Day 08: Pike base comp to Bulbule (3320 m)
Day 09: Bulbule to Chayangba Village (2820 m)
Day 10: Exploring around Chayangba and Visit Sherpa Village, enjoy local Sherpa Dance
Day 11: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 12: Rest day in kathmandu- shopping day – farewell dinner
Day 13: Departure from Kathmandu